27 April 2008

I bless the rains down in Africa...

When Mike arrived in Zambia, I knew I would be leaving fairly soon, so it was important to me to make sure that we took a little time to travel. So on New Year's Day 2008, Mike and I took a bus to Livingstone -- Zambian home of Victoria Falls. The bus ride was okay, though the 25 kilometers of potholes in a bus that feels like one more good shake will rip it apart was not so fun.

We stayed at a hostel with more white people at it then I had seen in three months, so honestly, it was a bit of a shock to me at first. (After a while in Zambia, I found myself shocked by my own (very) whiteness some days....) But all in all, we had a good time, even though it rained practically the entire time. That's okay, though; rain gives me an excuse to insist on lazy veg days at the hostel.

Probably the best thing we did while in Livingstone was going to Botswana for a safari! Definitely of my best days in Zambia, even with the rain and the pictures turning out grainy because of the rain. Here are some of those grainy pics (click on the photos for a bigger picture if you can't read the captions):




No comments: